Friday, February 10, 2006

New Doc

I took a second day off work and slept. Slept lots. I emailed work at 6:40 this morning and crawled back into bed and stayed there until 11:30. I was back into bed at 1:00 and stayed there until 2:45. I got up then and went to my previously scheduled doctor's appointment. It was that time of year to check everything out, make sure I'm still healthy. Other than having little to no voice, I'm healthy.

The biggest topic for discussion at today's appt was my sleep or lack of sleep. She really listened. It was so nice. We discussed why I don't sleep, when I do sleep, what keeps me awake when I don't, etc. It was wonderful. We are going to try a medicine called Restoril. We are starting at the lowest possible dose, have room to go up if we need to, can use it every night or not. Finally, an answer to my problem. Not sure if it will be the exact answer but at least I have someone willing to help find the solution that works. That in itself makes me happy.

Tonight's plan. I've already had my chicken noodle soup, taken my next dose of cold meds, I have my jammies on and am wrapped up in a blanket watching the opening ceromonies of the Olympics. I have always liked the Winter Games more than the Summer because I like winter sports more than summer sports (except volleyball). Tomorrow I don't have anywhere to go until a 7:30 HS hockey game. The boy is out of town so I'm going to stay in bed as much as I can. The voice is slowly returning. My energy is staying about the same. I'll keep medicating and resting.

My team emailed me from work today threatening to poke out their eyeballs with hot stickers if I'm not back by Monday! Guess they miss me!

No comments: