Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanks for...a good glass of wine

...and a great glass to drink it from. I enjoy a nice glass, bottle, or two of wine. I go in streaks with it. This week, I have been on a streak. The local liquor store that still hand carries your goods to your car for you has a wine special that runs all the time. 12 bottles at a time and you get a pretty hefty discount. It takes me a while to get through 12 bottles but I stop in a few times a year to stock up.


I don't have any preference really, I like to mix it up. The stash always includes whites, reds, sweets, dries, well known brands, fun finds. This particular 12 included several bottles from a new favorite Barefoot from California, a bottle by a winery called Three Blind Moose (Duh, you think i could pass that up?), as well as one from Menage a Trois.


I also like to give wine. Since I started my little stampin business I have come up with a new craft. The same hometown feel liquor store gave me a supply of tall skinny paper bags and I have taken to decorating them. This is one I have made for my Thanksgiving Day hostess. There is a bottle of Rawson's Retreat Semillon Chardonnay tucked safely inside.

The goblet is a one of a kind creation. It was a gift from my boss made by his wife. For more of her stuff check out AmyCass Pottery. She does just amazing things and I have started a little collection. These are heavy, chunky and beautiful. Mine is currently filled with a red Zinfendal from Barefoot. I'm going to start a movie, turn off the lights and sip my glass of wine.

For the quiet time to relax before the holiday and reflect on the last month with a nice glass of wine, I'm grateful.

No comments: