Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful for the weekend

I wasn't looking for to this weekend. Wednesday night I was in tears. In spite of myself I had a great four days though! I had fun watching the Packer's game and the pizza with homemade salsa and guac for the chips, plus the veggi tray and such were good. The brandy slush was excellent. I even played the Lego Star Wars game on the Wii and had fun. We went geo-caching in the snow flurries out in the woods too.

Friday I avoided the morning crush of shoppers to instead sleep in. I got up in time to get a bit of the house cleaned in preparation for putting up the Christmas tree before meeting the group for lunch at Macaroni Grill. I then was brave enough to shop just a little at Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, and Ann Taylor Loft. That night I went grocery shopping for the turkey dinner for two I had planned.

Yesterday I treated myself to a whole "me" day, complete with a Peppermint Latte, 12 hours of scrapbooking, hot apple cider, and an early night to bed. I got all but the first and last pages of my Glacier Park scrapbook complete. This is the same book I started back in August when my girls' weekend got ruined by the flood. It turned out pretty darn cool. When I have tonight's turkey feast off the table maybe I'll lay it out and take a few pictures of my picture book.

Today I completed prep for Christsmas tree decorating and finished a touch more shopping at Kohl's. The house now smells like Christmas candles and turkey. Not bad at all. I'm thankful the weekend turned itself around and that I participated in spite of myself. Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments: