Sunday, December 02, 2007

Now that it has snowed....a Meme to put you in the mood

A friend at work emailed me this and it's a bit different than the usual "get to know you" meme. I'm not tagging anyone but tell me what makes you tick at Christmas time. Happy Holidays!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Gift Bags

2. Real tree or artificial? I grew up with real but when two cats joined my house hold I switched to artificial. Easier to pick cat hair off a tree than pine sap off a cat.

3. When do you put up your tree? Thanksgiving weekend

4. When do you take down your tree? The weekend of Epiphany

5. Do you like eggnog? Yuck! But I know Os starts drinking the instant it becomes available in the grocery stores.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I still have my Miss Piggy watch so that must have meant something. It was my very first watch. It fits my big toe now.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Found it at Gander Mountain...it's a Moose nativity complete with a swaddling wrapped baby moose and two dangling moose angels.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister or Heather

10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? Who knows, I usually find some way to use about anything.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Handmade and mailed of course!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Its a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I typically watch throughout the year when I travel or go to new stores. I typically finish a few days before Christmas Eve.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? TURKEY! And my mom's banana/OJ slush

6. White or colored lights? I do a 'theme' each year. This year I have white, green, blue, and purple lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? Road trip to South Dakota this eyar

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes. Can't you?

20. Angel or Star on top of tree? Neither. I have a long skinny silver ornament that slides over the top.

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Both in the past. We use to open Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's House and then Christmas Day afternoon at our house. Not sure what we will do this year.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The people who go out on Thanksgiving weekend to go shopping and then get grumpy. You KNOW it's going to be busy, you choose to go out, so don't you dare gripe about the lines, the parking lot, and the wait. Get over it!

23. What I love most about Christmas? SNOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a free box of Chocolates from your husband as well? This is awesome jewelry - I saw similar stuff being sold on BusStartup