Monday, January 14, 2008

Moaning Monday

Moaning Monday...sort of like Moaning Myrtle. Moaning is how I feel today.

I feel old today. I have a left hamstring injury nagging me with every motion I make. Even though I've completed a course of antibiotics and "taken it easy" I'm still coughing. I can't seem to get my mojo going. I spent the weekend procrastinating one of those "letter" writing occasions. I did finally write it and this morning it went in the mail.

All i want to do of late is sleep, read books, and cuddle with the cats. I'm seriously in a funk. Seems to be going around though as I read a few other people and talk to friends. The weather isn't helping. Today was the first sunny day in weeks (the forever fog has gone finally!) but the sun was deceiving...when I walked out of the hospital at 1:00 pm today it was sixteen below zero due to the bitter air temp and the winds. I'm watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 wrapped up in a blanket with the warm laptop on my lap over my gym pants. To heck with the gym though, haven't been there in weeks due to the hammy and the cough. Did I mention I feel old?

I'm mentally trying to overcome the last few months and get myself physically back on track. I think I'm either too exhausted to do it or too down to accomplish. Not sure which.

Some good news to start the week though...My best friend Jami gave birth to her first baby boy yesterday morning. Mom and baby are doing well and daddy has some time off work to enjoy both. YEAH!

I'll work on me as the week goes on.

No comments: