Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Look what I did...

Yeah...had a little "accident" trying to get out of the driveway to work this morning. What you can't tell is that when I stepped out of the driver's door after sitting there for 10 minutes to make sure it was safe is that the snow was knee deep which means my vehicle was at a really nasty angle.








One of my ortho techs came and got me. The car stayed there. After work my friend in town who is also an ortho PA who has lived in AK for 30 years came to help me out. We hooked up a tow rope and I had to brave getting back in there at the steep angle and I "drove" it out as he pulled with his big man truck!






Lesson learned: Put up posts so I can see where the corner of the driveway meets the ditch now that the snow is so deep that you can't see it. The whole think happened at less than 10 mph as I put the car into drive when I saw my back tire nearing the "edge". As soon as I did that the entire car slid sideways and tipped real slow like. Then just stayed there.

No comments: