Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Head Above Water

The title of this sculpture at the ice park was "Head Above Water". I am barely there. My blog has been left alone since getting home from Nome because I have been too busy treading water. It started with a sinus infection that knocked me out of work and caused a bit of drama because of that Then a relationship ending that wasn't healthy and was getting scary. Then a financial windfall followed by pitfalls. That is where I'm at as of now. Treading...waiting for a chance to float instead.

I love being in Alaska. I love what I do for a job. If the rest of life could fall into place all would be well. Until then, I'll keep treading. I have many things to be grateful for but at this stage of my life I need to have more than that. I need to have "things" together. I don't feel like I'm there. Over the last three weeks I have done lots of thinking, lots of adjusting and more than usual working on getting there. I have a lot of things to work on.

I'll tread through and when I have less to complain about and more to share I will. I'm keeping the book list up to date. I need to take pictures of all the scrapbooks I've been working on. At least those things give me a bit of piece of mind. I'll be around. I promise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I check in every now and again...I'm sending you a life jacket, hope you don't have to tread for too long. Sending thoughts and prayers!