Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Feeling Good

So I have been on this health kick now since mid-November. There were a few lapses due to the recurrent OTS chest cold that we so liberally share but I have now finally kicked it. I have had my initial meeting with my trainer way back when I first mentioned it on my blog and two weeks ago had my 6 week check-up with her. The Healthy Living Center provides trainers to us at no cost and without Paula, I'm not sure I would still be doing so well. Two weeks ago I had lost 4 lbs in 6 weeks and nearly just over 2.5 inches in my waist and hips. I had also increased my flexibility by 3 inches. That is my total downfall...I am NOT a bendy person! Gumby is not in my genes.

Anyway...that was two weeks ago and with that news I felt pretty good about continuing with the program because I had the tangible results. The more subtle signs are the jeans and khakis that are gapping in the right places and getting loose. It is working. I just got home from the gym tonight and successfully completed 60 minutes of cardio divided between th PreCor upright bike and the crosstrainer. In between two the bike and the trainer I did 10 minutes of my core/abdomen work out that Paula worked out for me last week. I also did a good 15 minutes of stretching too.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but after all that time in the last few months, I think i'm actually starting to LIKE going to the gym. Now those of you that know me, know that is not something I would normally admit too. But, I'm seeing a difference and while I can't admit to having a runner's high, once I actually get my bumm to the gym and get moving it feels really good.

(I still think the gym is a torture chamber)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm the same way about going to the gym, I grumble and moan and think of every excuse not to.. then after I get started and the initial shock wears off, I feel really good. Of course, I have been a slacker as of late, but today is another day to choose excuses or take action. It will probably be the former though, LOL