Thursday, June 30, 2005

Half Nekkid Thursday

That's a scratch from my dear kitty Reggie last August. I was playing with him on the floor. He missed the ribbon he was swatting at and instead clawed my nose. I actually went into work and paged the ortho resident on call to come down and help me wash it out. We irrigated it with saline and peroxide. Then we attempted to steri-strip it because the most distal portion kept wanting to pull apart. The steri's only stayed on for the night. It is nearly a year from that picture and I still have a very faint ditch down my nose. It festered up the first week and looked like I had been hit across the nose with a hot poker. Now it is just a nice faint line that you can only see when I don't have make-up on or are very very close to me. I'll be permanently scarred but scars rock, right?

No comments: