Tuesday, June 14, 2005

In training

Well, I'm finally confident enough in my workout to start training for an event. One of the other gals at work runs marathons and asked if anyone would be interested in doing a triathalon with her. I can swim but have a tendency to panic in open water, let alone open water with a bunch of other people thrashing around in. So I said no but I would do a medley. Well, we found one more person to join us and we are going to do a mini-triathalon in late August. I will be doing the biking portion. This weekend I went for a 19 mile ride in a serious thunderstorm warning. talk about head wind. I nearly died. Or at least I thought I was going to.

My question is this, does any one have a good website or such that offers a good outline for a training program? Liz, thanks for the help already. So far, i just keep trying to go further every time and also go further without resting each time. But I wondered if there is an actual good format out there to do this. If any of you have one, I would appreciate you sharing.

Wish me luck

No comments: