Saturday, July 30, 2005

Interviewed again

I figured I would have someone ask me five random questions who didn't know me as well as Os does. Since Jason answered some on his site I have asked him to line me up with a few. Here they are.

~JaSoN~ said...
K, Moose. Here goes!

1.) You've been given the power to do really life changing thing. What would you change, and why?

That's a tough one. With everything going on with my mom right now, I think the first thing that I would say off the top of my head would be to end cancer. But, there are people who have had cancer and have cancer that do amazing things. Look at Lance Armstrong, he's as arrogant as hell but damn, he beat cancer with brain metatasis and won 7 tours!

I'm really passionate about sick kids. Not kids with colds and such, but kids that were born sick or developed illness or deformities as a child. I use to work a great deal with athletes. Big strong, massive football players to be exact. They whined and complained worse than anyone I have ever heard. And they weren't even elite level athletes. On the flip side I have worked with kids with skeletal deformities who with all of their 2.5 foot tall crooked self argued with the doctors about whether or not they needed yet another surgery because as far as they knew they were "perfect". Because they were very young, most of these kids believe they are the normal ones and that all those kids that can run, jump, or have hair are abnormal. These kids have amazing personalities and personal strength that is immeasurable.

If I had life changing powers, I wouldn't take away their disease. I would pass on their strength and will to those that whine and complain about inconsequential things in their lives, giving them the insight to see what is truly important...smiling, laughing, being an individual.


2.) Where would be your ideal place to live if you had to pick one place to stay forever?

I would live in Glacier National Park. There are a few old outstations that use to be chalets back in the early days of the park. You can ride a horse back in there, some of them even still have plumbing. I would stay year round. If not one of the chalets, than somewhere along the avalanche gorge area or up the creek at The Loop in the park. Imagine the greenest green you have ever seen, icy cold clear waters, grizzly bears, moose, mountain goats and sheep, the freshest air imaginable, and the view....breathtaking!

3.) You've just robbed a bank, and are in no danger of ever getting caught. What would you do with all $1.5 million you just stole?

Give most of it away. I would take a bit and invest, live off the interest and go to places like New Zealand for a hiking trip, build my house in Glacier Park. Donate the majority to places like the Shriner's, Make A Wish, Habitat for Humanity, and Carroll College (my almater). Build my parents a house, keep going to school. That's a lot of dough, just the interest in the right accounts would make myself and lots of organizations comfortable.

4.) How would you describe peace to someone that had never experienced it before?

I'm going to go with the angle of inner peace, personal peace, not sure if I could even touch something like world peace because if you look through history I don't think such a thing has ever existed. True peace is something you don't expect to find, you can't go looking for it. It is also a process, it doesn't happen at once. Peace comes from a multifactorial individual. One has to be confidant with one's self, one's surroundings, and the choice's one makes. I wouldn't call it a clear conscience because I think there are unpeaceful things that occur in one's life that can have a strong influence on one finding peace. Peace often comes from times of extreme trouble, emotional pain but also from triumph, accomplishment. It is a comfort level which comes from within. You know you have found it because there is a "click", it just becomes.

5.) If you had to go without one of your senses for a week, which one would you choose? What if it were for longer than a week?

I think I would have to say sight for both...if only for a week, or forever. I'm a very "hearing" and "tasting" person. Sounds can trigger a lot of emotions for me. Music, the sound of my favorite stream, a thunderstorm...all can cause very powerful physical reactions to me. If I lost my sense of smell or taste I would be very miserable. I take great pleasure in food and in the smell of being. The smell of the house I grew up in, the taste of grandma's beef barley stew. I wouldn't want to not be able to experience that again. The smell of my boyfriend or the smell of my work, those are all important things to me. As an individual that already has sight and has many many wonderful life experiences, I think I could rely on my mind's eye to create imagine in my head. Does that make sense?

No comments: