Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Questions from Os

Os hooked me up with this little game. Here are the rules and my answers to his five questions.

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions -- each person's will be different.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1) What's up with the whole "moose" thing?

My grandmother is from Maine. When I was a kid I got to travel everywhere with Grandma and Grandpa during the summer. I would go to Aunt Brenda's with them, to Nebraska, their doctor's appts, you name it. The only trip I never got to take with them was to Grandma's home state of Maine because they always went in the fall and Mom and Dad wouldn't let me skip school. So I always asked grandma to bring me something with a moose on it.

Then I moved to Montana where there are real moose. (South Dakota doesn't have them!) My college friends found out I liked moose and started giving me more and more stuff. I also created my first email account then and used my maiden name which was pronounced "call" so my email read "moose call". My roommate had a thing for collecting cows and had a cow related nickname. our next door neighbor roared through the outlet between our rooms one night when we were watching "Ghost in the Darkness" scaring the shit out of us and she got stuck with a lion nickname. The names stuck and my moose collection has grown. My boyfriend in college came up with the Moosekiss. Added that to my license plates.

That's pretty much the story. I like it. They are sort of awkward looking creatures with those spindly legs and huge heads but can be very graceful when on the move. Sort of like me. I have awkward days often but when I try I can pull it off pretty well.

2) Thongs. Yes or no? Why? No, really. Why?

Yes, not as often as I use to though. And believe it or not, they are actually fairly comfortable. No real reason why, more of a just because. Also with all the dress pants I wear to work, thongs eliminate the panty line issue. Nothing worse than looking like you have four butt cheeks because of ill placed panty lines.

3) Your unknown weird uncle Jerome has died and left you a fortune in his will. You have the option of, a) receiving, tax-free, $500K per year, as well as $50M being donated to the American Cancer Society every year, but you will never be allowed to cross the border into Montana ever again, OR b) the same $50M will be given to Muslim terrorist groups, you'll receive a modest, but comfortable allowance, but you will be forced to never LEAVE Montana. What would you do?

If Uncle Jerome wasreally as weird as I'm assuming you are suggesting, not quite sure he is really family anyway, never bothered to talk to me when he was alive, I would thumb my nose at his money and tell his lawyers to keep it.

4) You're about to be executed for some really nasty crimes. What would you order for your final meal?

Cool, did I do something fun at least? Seriously...I would want a York burger with mushrooms and swiss, my mom's buns and potato salad, a lb of king crab legs, bread pudding made my the old cooks from when I was a kid smeared with peanut butter, mom's molasses cookies and a mint mocha from the Morning Light. Probably a keg of Beltian White to wash it all down and numb the anxiety of that whole needle bit to follow.

5) Have you had sex in every room of your home (incl. garage and kitties' bathroom!)?

Not yet (wink, wink)

No comments: