Saturday, July 16, 2005

They were back...


















Last night Os, Just.A.Girl,and I attended one kick ass bluegrass reunion concert! The Mission Mountain Wood Band took over the Helena Fairground arena bringing out a large crowd of 40 and older individuals that were reminiscing of the last time they rocked out with these guys. The long story short is for a long time these guys took a big break from playing together, all staying in music though. They are 5 guys from Montana who were pretty darn big in the 70's. Now Just.A.Girl and I weren't even born! Didn't matter last night!

These guys rocked the stage for over 2 hours with some individual songs lasting 20 minutes. I told Just.A.Girl that bluegrass music always makes me horny and these guys did not disappoint. There is something about that build-up to a feverish frenzy that drives me wild. I can honestly say I got my 60 minutes of cardio in dancing along with the rest of the crowd! Os was adorable...with the opening chord of "Take a Whiff Off Me", his eyes glazed over and he was back in the hay-day! I'm pretty sure he had a great time!

I was able to get a few shots that might work for HNT next week, good ole' MT rodeo area dirt, denim skirt, bare feet. The sky was beautiful last night, big wispy clouds, tons of blue...and people wonder why I miss Montana! Duh...they don't call it the Big Sky State for nothin'. Add a great group of native Montanan bluegrass 70's rockers, great company, and you have a mystic Montana night! Thanks Os!

No comments: