Friday, September 23, 2005

Fall Friday

What a perfect day! It is just over 60 degrees, a tad on the breezy side and I got out of work early. I came home, took a 40 minute nap and then went for an one hour and twenty minute bike ride. Made it just under 17 miles, in a head wind the last half of the trip. I haven't been on my bike much since I went to SD in August to see my mom. Since then the accumulation of stress led to little to no motivation to do exercise. Over the last couple of weeks I have been trying to rectify that situation. (Doesn't that just sound horribly painful!)

Anyway. The boyfriend has been gone all week, I have had meetings every night since Sunday except last night and I was able to work out. Monday night Paul and I did a 12 mile ride, tuesday and thursday I did my ab work-out at home. Today, the 17 mile bike ride. I could not have asked for a more beautiful ride. Normally I go with the boyfriend or Paul. Today, I went alone. The trail was covered in fall leaves, the before mentioned wind was kicking up the smells of fresh chopped corn, damp leaves. There were milk cows and beef cows, horses, big fat hairy red and black catepillars, grasshoppers. It was beautiful! I LOVE FALL!

Now, I'm showered, eating and wrapped in a long sleeve shell with a sweater to head off to the high school football game. My other favorite thing about fall. I cover a local high school team as the team "doc". It will be chilly tonight so I'm packing my fleece too. I'm going to inhale my supper and head off in a few minutes.

The best part of this fall friday? The boyfriend should be landing at the airport any time now and I'll get to see him after the game!! Yippee! hopefully the rest of the weekend stays this gorgeous and we can get out and enjoy the crisp, fall air!

No comments: