Sunday, November 20, 2005

I found it!!! Pictures everyone!

I finally found my USB camera cord and can upload all the pictures from the last couple weeks.

I know there is still a lot of scattered boxes and such in the room but at least the walls are painted and I have the bigger stuff in the right part of the room. Remember what color it use to be...The dark sponged brown? This color is called Lady Violet and it really opens the room up. Now the trim and such needs lots of work but that is just going to have to wait.



Just a few "in progress" pictures. Not quite certain what I'm going to do with my fireplace space but am leaning toward a silver screen backlit with lots and lots of white candles that I will accent with one or two seasonally appropriate candles as the year goes by. The screen will prevent the cats from melting their whiskers and if I get a mirror to go behind the candles, they will add a big of light.


This is my Aunt Brenda. Her face is blurred because she was a cleaning machine. She brought her Animal Care Dyson Vacuum and cleaned my old apartment top to bottom. That machine is a beast! I think I will be saving up to get one, can't believe how much cat hair it picked up and I thought I had been vacuuming on a pretty regular basis with my little Hoover! Thanks Aunt Brenda! I got my whole deposit check in the mail on Friday.

FOREWARNED: GRAPHIC PICTURES TO FOLLOW

Unfortunately, during the move, there was a fatality. i haven't spoken of it yet because it has been quite difficult for me to talk about.

This is the outline of the body on the old deck. You can clearly see the head but the rest of it looks as though the body laid in a mangled mess for quite some time. Upon further investigation this is what I found.

Looks like last year's scarecrow wasn't ready for the move. Poor guy took a header off the second story deck and landed in the driveway. At least he missed Brenda's SUV. Upon physical exam, Mr Scarecrow sustained injuries that were not compatible with life and therefore, all life support was pulled. His stuffing was damaged beyond recognition and was simply thrown away. No chance for stuffing donation. He was a good scarecrow, always smiling. RIP.


And last but not least, my traumatized big boys. To the left is Reggie running from his hiding spot behind the hot water heater as I tried to get them ready to go into their carries. To the right is Romeo. if you look closely you can see his shiny eyes past the washer hose. He wedged himself behind the dryer and under the vent hose. Poor guy froze there like a statue. I had to use the broom to scoot him across the floor to get him out. I felt so bad and they cried and cried the whole way to the house. They are back to normal though. This morning they woke me up at 6 when they were playing with the cords under the bed and clicking them on the hard wood floor. Good thing I went to bed at 8 last night!

So there are the most updated photos of the house. I will try to take a few more tonight after I have a things a bit more organized.


No comments: