Sunday, February 12, 2006

battle of the bowls

I have consumed A LOT of chicken noodle soup on the last five days. So I thought I would do a little comparison. I normally buy the plain old standby Campbell's Chicken Noodle in a can. Add a can of water, microwave and you have a warm elixir to soothe your raw throat. I ran out of this soup on day two of this little "illness". The boy was kind enough to go to the grocery store for me and bring me supplies. He treated me extra special with a variety of ready-to-serve microwaveable chicken noodle soups in the cool little portable personal containers.

#1 Progressive healthy choice chunky chicken noodle: very good. thick flat noodles, somewhat questionably shaped pieces of chicken, nice vegetable mix, not too salty. Over all, pretty tasty

#2 Campbell's Chicken and Dumpling: thick consistency, almost a bit too creamy for my sore throat. Plenty of dumplings but not a lot of anything else. Okay taste, but sort of bland. Suitable for a soup and sandwich combo, but not so great with the sore throat

#3 Original Campbell's Chicken Noodle out of the can: plenty of noodles, little bits of chicken, no veggies. Great "chicken noodle" taste though. In the early stages of a sore throat, this might be the best sinc ethere is little to chew and little to irritate the throat on the way down.

#4 Market Pantry Chunky Chicken Noodle (Target brand): you have to have a Super Target to find this one. It's there grocery brand. This one takes the cake. It was super yummy, great flavor. Large spiral egg noodles, carrots, celery, nice square pieces of chicken, some green seasonings. no creaminess so it went down easy, more than just noodles and meat, very very good.

Now, I'm sick of chicken noodle soup. Throat still is a bit sore though, anything dry or cold doesn't work so well. i did okay with spaghetti yesterday but the soup feels so good going down. Guess I'll make a stop at Target after work tomorrow. I'm going to try to put in a normal day, we'll see how that goes.

No comments: