Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Say ahhhhhhh.....

****EDIT: I am officially without a voice now! I set the alarm for 6 to get up and shower to head to work. I worked on trying to talk for an hour and a half before calling the boss and whispering that I'm unable to come into work. Now I'm surfing HNT pics and sipping hot tea, unable to even mutter to myself.

I'm still sick. I have little to no voice and the voice I do have sounds more like a 60 year old male smoker than the 28 year old female that I really am. I did go to work today (I know, i'm a health care provider, I should know better but in orthopedics if you miss work it is a sign of weakness). Luckily I didn't have any surgical cases, just outpatient clinics so it wasn't too demanding. Also got a really nice thank you letter from a patient. Usually you only hear from the unhappy one's so that was a bonus.

After my little post early last night I was in bed at 7 and asleep by about 7:40. I woke up every two hours to go to the bathroom after downing an entire kettle of hot tea and a can of chicken noodle soup. The warm liquids felt good. The fever broke sometime in the night and I'm left with the raw, on fire throat and man voice.

Be forewarned on the HNT pics. Not for the faint of heart. I wanted to show off my new turquoise and wood necklace and earrings that I made at my jewelry making party a couple weeks ago. I wore them with a cool layered turquoise sweater set and cream pants today to work. I quickly shedded the business attire when I got home but before crawling into bed I thought I should contribute to HNT this week with both my new jewels and my raw throat. Also gave me a way to see what my throat was looking like since the flash worked like a pen light (I know, I'm a geek).

One of my nurses offered to swab my throat for me to rule out strep but I'm not certain it is strep. I haven't been around people with strep but I have been around others with viral infections. So inspite the white glaze over my throat (as seen in the pictures below), I'm not considering antibiotics yet. I see my regular doctor on Friday anyway for my yearly physical so we can address it then. Until then, I'm religiously spraying my throat with Chloroseptic every hour and sucking on Cepacol lozenges in between. And yes, I'm playing volleyball tonight too. Might as well sweat it out right?

Ever hear that health care providers make THE worst patients!


SAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......
I don't really have a quadruple crooked chin but when I am in agony due to the condition my throat is it, I guess it shows up. Sexy uh?

No comments: