Sunday, April 02, 2006

Relaxed and ready

As I mentioned, normally when I go away on conference trips I use them as a chance to re-energize. Pull my thoughts together, write in my journal, take bubble baths and hang out alone at night in my hotel room after a day of learning. Not so on this last trip. I came back from Chicago more tired than when I left. My journal had not been even scribbled in. no bubble baths at all. I crashed in my bed every night completely exhausted and only mumbling about how early I was going to have to be up the next morning.

The boyfriend has also been quite busy with a big deadline coming up this past Friday at work. He too was burning the candle at both ends and ready for a break. Break we did...


It was nothing earth shattering. We didn't even go very far. All we did was use a few frequent stay points to get a hotel room in The Cities, roam around the MOA, and go see a movie (Ice Age: The Meltdown). We paid for lunch and the movie. That was it. Didn't take a computer, didn't take a cell call. Slept in late. Ate breakfast together (didn't even have to pay for that). Today we did each make a couple little purchases at the mall but over all an inexpensive, quiet weekend away.


We talked about lots of things, important and mindless both. Agree we both make a very good effort to try to NOT let our work get us so busy that we forget everything else we want to accomplish. but also agree that no matter how hard we try, it happens. It gave me the energy to keep trying though.

I have started investigating what it will take for me to get an advanced masters in physician assistant studies. It will all be online with the exception of 400 clinical hours. It will be concentrated in forensic medicine. The "online" nature of the class means I have to direct myself. No must show up to class to ensure that I am participating. Have to manage my own time and get the work done on my own. I think I'm ready. I'm relaxed, renewed, and ready.

What a perfect weekend...

No comments: