Saturday, April 08, 2006

Windows opened...

It's officially spring...I know the real first day of spring was a few weeks ago but here in southeastern Minnesota winter tried to hold on for a bit longer. It has been gray, cold and rainy for the last several weeks. Days like those weigh on one's psyche.

Last night I took it easy. I joined a group of friends for drinks, appetizers and birthday cake early and was home by 8:30 pm. I talked to Os for a good hour while driving home and then getting ready for bed. I need a good talk. When I hung up with him, I rolled over, turned off the bedside lamp and was out cold until about 7:30 this morning. I looked at the clock, rolled back over and slept for another hour.

I have now spent my morning home and feel great. I watched the Today show in my robe with a cup of coffee, showered and blew my hair out, and now have been cleaning. I have the kitchen sink emptied, scrubbed the sink and the floor in the kitchen, am on my second load of laundry, and have the hardwood floors slept as well as the litter box cleaned.

The best part of all of that hard work...I have the WINDOWS in the house OPEN! The sun is shining, the windows are letting in a nice fresh cool breeze. Makes the whole house smell better! Now it is officially spring!

No comments: