Monday, June 05, 2006

Can't sleep

Mom's in the ER again after only being out of the hospital for the last two weeks. She went up last Tuesday for chemo (she has decided to do 6 treatments and see what happens). Her new external kidney tube wasn't working but they couldn't do anything about it that day so she had to go back on Wednesday and they put her under anesthesia and exchanged it. She went home same day.

Last night she got nauseous and had the feverish chills bit going on. Tonight my dad and sister laid down an ultimatum...to the hospital in the car or in the ambulance. She chose the car so my sister headed off for the 132 mile drive with my mom. Just got off the phone with Dad and they are at the hospital and they are running tests. Don't know what is wrong yet but they are "working on it". I can't sleep waiting, I don't wait well, don't think a sleeping pill will help plus I don't want to miss Dad calling with the update so I'm blogging.

Lime did another list the other day and laid it out for anyone else to participate in. Since I can't sleep/don't want to go to sleep, I'll bore you all with weird little facts about me.

1. When was the last time you had sex?
Within the last 48 hours

2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
Most public toilets that autoflush before I have even had a chance to stand up...I HATE that!

3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
Always

4. Do you have a crush on someone?
Not recently

5. Name one thing that you start to get tense about if you are close to running out of it?
Books to read, have to go to Barnes and Noble to stock up when that happens

6. What famous person do you (or other people*) think you resemble?
The boyfriend says I look like Hillary Duff...not sure on that one. I think Debra Messing with a few extra pounds on me

7. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Sausauge, mushrooms, and onions

9. Do you crack your knuckles?
Knuckles, wrist, ankles and my IT band!! (The IT band is a cool party trick, makes it look like I'm dislocating my hip)

10. What song do you hate the most when it gets stuck in your head?
uhhhmmmm...nothing sticking so I guess I dont' know.

11. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head?
Nope

12. What are your super powers?
I have this sixth sense thing in my tummy that is almost always right, whether it was a good or bad feeling

13. What is the hardest thing you have faced?
Watching my mom slowly deteriorate health wise.

14. Where are your car keys?
Uhhhh...hopefully in the box next to the front door but for all I know they are still hanging in the doorknob.

15. Whose answers to this questionnaire do you want to hear?
Anyone who wants to answer.

16. What's your most annoying habit?
Every time I take a shower, when I towel off my face I make this big sighing sound. Drives the boyfriend nuts.

17. Where did you go on your last vacation?
Does a continuing ed conference to San Fran count if I played too? Otherwise, I went to mom and dad's in SD for Easter.

18. If you could punch one person in the nose and get away with it who would it be?
Do I have to stop with just punching? If I struck this particular individual once I might just not stop so I better not say who.

19. What is your best physical feature?
My eyes...I love my eyes. I got my grandma's Irish green ones with long lashes. Unfortunately they give me away quite easily sometimes. No poker face for me...the eyes have it.

20. What CD is closest to you right now? literally?
one of the Mission Mountain Wood Band's Private Stash collection

21. What three things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Wine, cheese, something that needs thrown away!

22. What superstition do you believe/practice?
I always say the rosary when I'm landing in an airplane.

25. Do you talk on your cell phone when you drive?
Yes, bad habit I started when I lived in Phoenix and would creep along the freeway at 10 mph for 23 miles. It became a way for me to get things done.

26. What would your name have been if you'd been born the opposite gender?
I don't know, never asked my parents.

27. What song(s) do you sing most often in the shower?
I sing along always with whatever is on the radio.

28. If you could go back or forward in time would you and where would you go?
I have always thought it would be fun to live in the 20's....moonshine, flapper dresses, great dances.

29. What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?
Sabrina and The Fugitive, both show very different sides of him as an actor.

30. What CD is in your stereo?
Martina McBride Greatest Hits, Rascal Flatts Feels like Today, and Coyote Ugly Soundtrack

31. What OCD qualities do you have?
When I leave on a trip my house has to be clean before I leave. Bed made, dishes done, laundry put away. I also print my calendar in pencil...NO scribbling things out. Messy....ew, don't like messy.

32. How many kids do you want to have?
None yet, but I very much want to be a mom.

33. If you could kiss anyone famous who would it be?
Sean Connery

34.Would you really want to kiss someone you didn't know, even if they are famous?
Probably

35. What do you do when no one is watching?
If I told you that it would no longer be any fun to do alone.

36. If they made a movie about your life, what actor/actress would be the best for this job?
Debra Messing or Jodie Foster

37. Would you rather die in a blaze of glory or peacefully in your sleep?
Quickly, that's all that matters in the how I die equation

38. What candy, from when you were a kid, do you miss the most?
Twin Bings, you can't hardly find them anywhere any more. The originals anyway, there are a lot of knock offs

39. What is your favorite kid's movie?
Lady and the Tramp

40. Favorite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert?
Martina McBride, Alison Kraus and Union Station

41. Have you ever been in love?
Yes

42. Do you talk to yourself?
Always, but it isn't always clear that it is myself I'm talking to and I often get unsolicited answers back :)

43. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the face of the earth?
A few ex bosses, an ex husband, stupid people in general

No comments: