Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wow...where did the weekend go?

I give up...

In spite of being post-call on Friday I was at work until 5 pm. Then a nap for an hour, a shower and a nice dinner and a movie. We went to Click. Studies have shown anticipation of seeing a funny movie actually causes beneficial increases in endorphin levels. I anticipated a funny movie. By the end of it, the boy was holding my head on his shoulder as my mascara ran down my face onto his sleeve (at least it was a black shirt). I went spill the beans on the movie but there are lessons to learn in it and it isn't all Adam Sandler funny.

Saturday we slept in late. Really late. It was 11:30 before I was out of the shower and moving around. After catching up on my friend Dan's world travels I sat out to run a few errands. I'm cat sitting for a friend, wanted to find a pair of denim capris, and needed to get groceries both for myself and for the massive pot of chili to be made. That got me home again by 5. I made a Chicken Club Ring for dinner with salad and fruit. After making plans to go to a street dance, our plans were foiled by mother nature. When 11:30 rolled around and our friend called to say she was off work, we had been asleep on the couch for over an hour! Oops.

We made plans to meet for lunch and then fell back asleep with a movie on. Eventually made it to bed. Today, it was up in time for 10 o'clock church. Joined up with everyone afterwards for lunch. From lunch to home to pick up the townhome president to go pick out storm doors, then home for 20 minutes before going back to the church for a meeting. Then to the boy's house for a couple hours. Then Target for a few non-grocery things.

Now, chili's made, garlic bread is warming, and I'm about to put it all away and go to bed! the rain all weekend has made me grumpy, the running around made me tired and I'm just going to curl up with my cats and a book and call it a night.

have a great week

No comments: