Sunday, July 30, 2006

Half way there

I'm half way to my destination after setting off on Friday night. Friday's trip was a fast one across I-90 from Rochester, MN to Sioux Falls, SD, then north on 1-29 to Brookings, then west on 14 to Volga.

Saturday I traveled through Laura Ingalls Wilder's homestead via DeSmet, SD then north on SD Hwy 25 to Webster, SD. Today I followed SD Hwy 12 from Webster to Isabel, SD. That's halfway.

Tomorrow I'm doing my long stretch from Isabel to Helena.

Average air temp: 105...without the heat index.
Miles driven: around 680
Max gas price: $3.04
Average speed: 70 (I had a lot of two lane state highway)
Bottles of water consumed: at least a dozen
Gatorade: 3
Bags of beef jerky: 2
Other road goodies: Half a box of Cheerios, Snickers with Almond

I'll be able to see my mountains by the time I make Billings tomorrow :) Yeah!

No comments: