Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Don't forget to be Thankful

It's Halloween night and if you broke yourself away from the little kiddies in their costomes at your door to head to Walmart, Target or any major department store you will likely already find yourself immersed in sparkles of red and green with Christmas tunes overhead.

I'm not a scrooge. I enjoy Christmas. I like spending time with my family, the anticipation still associated with Christmas morning, the smell of a holiday meal cooking . BUT...I despise the ever earlier and earlier hoopla prior to the Christmas season.

So, in protest of Christmas in November, I'm going to post everyday of the month from tomorrow until Thanksgiving something to be thankful for and I challenge the rest of you to do the same. It might be something simple like hitting all green lights on your way to work (I did this morning!) or more profound like being grateful my mom is still alive (I am, there has been more than once in the past year where she severely ill). Whatever the case may be, don't forget Thanksgiving this upcoming month before getting yourself all wrapped up in Christmas!

Good night!

No comments: