Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Things I Wear HNT 2

I don't technically wear this. But it's a sign of my faith and I carry my faith with me everywhere.

This is my mother's mothers' rosary. I say the rosary multiple times a day. I mumble it when I have nothing to think about in the car, I say it in my head in the OR when I'm holding a limb forever. I also use it to go to sleep. I rarely actually hold the rosary when I say the rosary. It's more of a mental mantra for me. Only when things get really bad, really stressed, really too much to handle do I take the rosary physically into my hand. It's really bad now and I've found myself falling to sleep with it in my bed and waking with it curled up under my pillow. At least I subconsciously tuck it away.


Tomorrow I am driving home to spend through next week with my mom, longer if things get worse. She said I should come home before Memorial Day so I'm going home. I'll be saying my prayers and if you have time and feel that you can, give a little one up if you can. Thank you.

Happy HNT

No comments: