Friday, April 13, 2007

Whoa...what just happened

I read a lot. I read a wide variety of books. Some books are just okay. Some books I don't finish. Some books I have to start over before I can get into them. This book, I have to tell you about!

I just finished Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian. I was blown away. You know that feeling you got at the end of watching "The Sixth Sense" for the first time. This book gives you THAT feeling. I was enjoying to book, particularly pages 250-300 or so as all the pieces were coming together and I'm 'getting' it. I didn't 'get it'. I finished turning the last 10 pages or so and was like, "whoa...what just happened? For real? Wow?"

I love it when a book does that. I haven't read a book that did that for a long time. You need to read this book. It's about a young woman who is attacked while bike riding and turns to her photography after the attack. She works in a homeless shelter and gets left with a box of photos by a resident who dies at the beginning of the book. She wants to track down the story behind the photos. I won't tell you any more. You need to read it.

Wow! Now a new adventure when I get to start a new story this afternoon. Yippee...and the weather's a bit gray so what better reason to curl up with a book. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: