Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rhubarb recipes

Since I was gone into the land of dial-up it wasn't until now that I reviewed most of my HNT comments. Looks like I need to leave you a few rhubarb recipes to enjoy! I brought another bag home from mom and dad's too so I'll have more to come.

Rhubarb Coffee Cake
One box super moist white cake mix (make as box instructs)
2-3 cups rhubarb chopped (mix into cake mix in the pan)
Topping: 1 cup brown sugar, 3-4 tablespoons cinnamon, and 1/2 cup pecans (chopped). Mix with fork and sprinkle over the top.
Bake for 35-45 minutes

Rhubarb Apple Crisp
In a 9 x 13 pan cut up enough Granny Smith apples to thoroughly cover the bottom. Add in enough chopped rhubarb to completely fill the pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 to 3/4 cup white sugar. Add 1/4 cup water over top.

For topping...mix one package DRY white cake mix with one stick butter, one cup brown sugar, and two tablespoons ice cold water. Mix just enough to make it crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the apples and rhubarb.

Bake until top is completely brown and juices of apple are bubbling. This recipe gets juicy so I like to serve it chilled instead of warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments: