Saturday, June 09, 2007

Spring flowers

This morning the neighbors and I got together to clean up our bushes and such. Earlier this month, my immediate neighbor and I both planted some new flowers too. I don't have pictures yet of the one's we did ourselves but thought I would post these. I have a huge white hydragea already and after clearing out a few dying shrubs and a lot of old mulch I had room for two more. They aren't nearly as tall as my white one but they are quickly catching up. The new hydragea are colored "endless summer". The color of the blooms change based on the pH of the soil. So far mine are staying blue.

Two truck loads of dead branches and evergreen trimmings as well as one truck full of bagged grass and leaves all went to the recycling center today. Amazing how fall leaves can accumulate and survive the winter without disintegrating. The evergreen shrubs look much more controlled and less haphazard for sure! It felt good to be outside for a while and it was a beautiful morning.

I've been a bit bummed with our spring weather this year. Everything is beautifully green and the flowers are doing well but that's because we seem to have had endless rains. And the trigger for all the rain...me leaving work! Every day this week that I had a chance to leave early or had noticed a nice day developing it turned to rain, wind or grayness. The only benefit of it all was on Wednesday curling up with a blanket and a good book. I had started reading it on Sunday and only had about 40 pages done. I finished the rest of it that day in the rain and the rain cleared up in time for volleyball.

The rest of my weekends this month are full. I've been running since this morning and the next weekend's to come aren't going to get any better. The weekends will be filled with fun, friends, travel, the river, and a few surprises. I'm looking forward to it all!

Happy SPRING!

1 comment:

billyborden423 said...

This is a really nice blog post topic about the Spring flower. The flowers make the days more awesome when these spring flower charm the environment. For more Info: Flower Gifts