Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend Montana Style

It was a surprise trip to Montana for my best friend Heather. Os and Rachel, Heather's parents, and the Matron of Honor knew. I've had my tickets for months. I told Heather I couldn't afford to come and that I couldn't get the time off work. I actually booked my ticket the week after the date of the shower was agreed upon. I've been stringing her along since late March/early April.

Remember the cute little baby squatting in the wading pool last summer? Well, she's grown up enough to be the flower girl. As the shower on Saturday she found herself a little nook near the fountain while we were all chatting. Isn't she precious? She's practicing wearing dresses...she's not so sure about a dress at the wedding.


Heather is looking beautiful and glowing. That's here standing with her hand on her chin. I've never seen her hair so long. And for a month from her wedding this girl has her shit together and is completely calm. Man, I love her. The groomsmen took the groom to Missoula for his bachelor's party on Friday night so I was able to spend the night at Heather's house and we hung out just like old times (minus the pizza sticks and movies because we went to dinner at the Windbag instead). I'm so happy for her.


The other surprise of the weekend was that our friend's Ben and Laura also came to Helena for the shower. They live in Spokane. I hadn't seen them since the fall I moved to Rochester when I spent a week with them prior to getting the job in Minnesota. I still remember their first date...poor laura got dragged to Star Wars with 6 or 7 other guys. It's a match made in heaven and last night we got to spend a few hours catching up.


Since Heather was in the dark about my arrival I had to make sure I had somewhere to stay. Os would have had to spend weeks cleaning his bathroom for me to stay with him. I've used it in it's "unclean" state but can't say I would do it again. Rachel was kind enough to not only allow me to crash at her place but chauffeur me around too. Last night we had a blast at the Brewhouse until we could hardly keep our eyes open.


We got Os drunk too! Any guesses on how much beer it takes to get the Great and Powerful Os drunk? At least 6 or 7 quaffs full! We bought him one, the bar bought him one or two and he bought a lot more. He kept bringing up his damn tooth though and by the end of the night I was sick of the stories. Also, when Os is "happy" he sometimes like to pick a fight. Likes to push people's buttons.

He pushed mine enough, I had to put him in his place. I think I won :)

After a quick right he straightened up and even remembered to pick me up to take me to the airport this morning. He was early, my departure was a half hour late though. I've made it home though, had a nice nap and an evening with the gals from the church. Now I'm trying to will myself to stay awake at least until midnight so I don't get my sleeping schedule completely messed up. The earliest I went to bed this weekend was 1:30 am (did I mention I passed on Thursday night?!?!)

So to Os, Rachel, Heather, Ben and Laura...thank you for a wonderful weekend at HOME! It was a quick trip but you people mean the world to me and with just a hug can set even the greatest unease to rest. I love you all...we need to do this again!

No comments: