Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mile High Magic

I made it to heaven on earth today!

The best way to get tickets on game day? Dress in local colors and be cute. Brianne and I scored seats on the Broncos bench twenty yard line, 30 rows up! Only in Denver can you wear an orange shirt and blue jewelry and be cool!

I have been a Denver Broncos fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I never got to see Elway play. McCaffery shattered his tibia in the season opener the week before I had tickets to see them play in Arizona six years ago this weekend. TD has retired. I saw the Pope in the original Mile High but never a game before they tore it down and built Invesco Field at Mile High. Thankfully, Plummer is gone. But today...I attended the HOME OPENER, against the OAKLAND RAIDERS, and was only 34 rows from the field! Heaven, baby, heaven!


At kickoff thousands of orange balloons were released and then there was the fly by by the Air Force. Yes, I cried! I was so happy.

No boring game day outfit for me! We bought the beads, visor, and tattoo in the stadium and put the face tattoo on in the ladies room. The crazy Raiders fan behind me kept trying to touch it. It was funny for the first quarter. We nearly called security by the 4th but he got awful damn quiet during the overtime.


He did it again!! Jason Elam saves the day! Jay Cutler had an average performance but our defense blew a 13 point lead and sent us to overtime after Elam tied it up with a field goal. Oakland got the first chance to score in OT but a timely Denver timeout foiled the first "good" attempt from around 46 yards. The second time they missed and the crowd went wild! Several plays later, Denver was on the 6 yard line goal to goal and brought in Elam for the game winning field goal! Complete mania...the crowd goes wild!

What more can a Broncos gal ask for? Happy DAY!

No comments: