Sunday, November 04, 2007

Uhhmmm...life is good!

Simple things in life can bring a smile to your face if you pause to reflect on them.

I treated myself to an upgrade on the simple things this weekend. I admit, I'm addicted to the morning cup of joe. Gotta have it. I walked out on joe once in my life and I did okay; until I took a job in a coffee house and realized what a pain in the ass it is for a barista when a customer orders a decaf shot of anything! Back to the fully leaded stuff I went and haven't quit.

The gals at work and I went together for an office coffee pot and we take turns bringing in the goods. I treat them to Montana roasted beans once a year when I go to Montana. I enjoy the java house atmostphere. I loved the smile on my customer's faces as I handed them their morning shot of "go juice". I like sitting outside on a crisp fall day with a warm cup of joe in my hands. Just the smell of a freshly opened bag of beans makes my eyes perk up and a soft sigh come out.

The "Brew Station" has arrived at my house. This wonderful machine will have my coffee ready for me before my feet hit the cold hardwood floors in the morning. The machine keeps my coffee warm inside the machine without it sitting in a carafe getting bitter on the burner. I simply press my cup to the release button and I can pour a six ounce cup or a "4 cup" mug. It's a gift from above, just for me from me. It's perfection...

No comments: