Monday, December 10, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness


I was the recipient of a random act of kindness today which touched my heart. A friend was sending me a Mary Kay order as she was weaning out her closet to get out of the business. I use quite a few Mary Kay products so I placed an order to help her out. The box with my order arrived today. When I opened it, I was greeted by a bag of little molasses cookies. Unbeknownst to her.

One of the things I will greatly miss every time I make the road trip to the family farm in South Dakota is my "treats" when I leave home. My mom use to make molasses cookies before I got there. She would then freeze them in a big zip lock baggy. The night before I left, she would take a bag out of the freezer and make sure they went with me when I left. By the time I got about 50 miles down the road they would be thawed just right to start eating.

Now with mom being gone, I won't have a bag of cookies to leave the farm with. These little treasures that arrived in the mail today unexpectedly put a smile on my face. A little memory of my mom in a bag in a box.

Thanks cookie_goddess for the surprise!

No comments: