Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Dog. Stay.


Any one else read this book?

I literally read the ENTIRE story while sitting waiting for my oil change today. My mechanic does not take THAT long to change my oil. He even had to put on a new windshield wiper. I still read the WHOLE book.

I was expecting profound. Insightful. An "uh-ah" moment. None of the above occurred. If you have A) Owned a pet, B) Had a best friend, or C) been a parent...you knew all of the "things" that were "revealed" in this book. I have not been a parent but I have had multiple pets of which I have shed tears over, I have amazing best friends (two to be exact and they are both amazing women), and I have loved another human with all my heart.

Bottom line, love hurts but brings a hidden joy somewhere in all the hurt. Maybe I'm a cynic this week. The "anger" stage of grieving a relationship has hit. Need to get a few things off my chest. Book didn't help. Time to find pen and paper to write it all out. Will likely mail it too. Maybe that will help.

FYI: There ARE really cute dog pictures through the whole book.

No comments: