Sunday, January 20, 2008

A question posed, a question answered

David is asking us all a question this week: Do you wear denim?

My simple answer is yes. However, I think he probably is looking for something a little "bigger" than that for an answer.

I am not a slave to denim. I have two pair of jeans that I like right now. In other words, two pairs that fit. There is nothing I hate worse than shopping for jeans. The cuts change from year to year, sizes differ from store to store. I ideally like to find a good pair of jeans (in my definition a pair that rides somewhere between my belly button and the top of my hip bones, straight leg, dark denim, and long enough) and go back to the same vendor and buy a second pair every so often. Never that easy.

I can't wear denim at work so Monday through Friday you never see me in it. In the fall I have a great denim jacket that I like to wear with a simple tee underneath or a crisp white shirt underneath. I don't wear denim around the house much, I am more likely in pajamas or gym clothes at home. When i wear my jeans out, I like to wear them with high heeled boots. Black, brown, camel colored, that doesn't matter. Just something to make them a big dressier.

So there, I do wear denim, but not very often. When I find a pair of jeans that fit I'm likely to buy two pair at once to avoid the hassle. When I do where them, i dress them up.

No comments: