Monday, February 04, 2008

Groovin' Monday

I saw this at Lime's and had to steal it. It's snowing like crazy out, plows aren't really out yet and I'm home from work. I'm NOT going back out today so might as well do something like this.

1. What song lyric taken completely out of context has become important to you?

Thanks to The Clintons I no longer sing the appropriate words to Sweet Home Alabama. It will forever and always be "Sweet Home MONTANA". So sweet it is...


2. What was the last stupid lyric to catch in your head and not let go?
Hot, Hot, Hot from the Hawaiian Luau birthday party on Saturday night...then Lime included it in her "warm" songs list. It's stuck!


3. Have you ever bought a record / CD for the cover art alone - what, and why?
Nope. Like Lime though there are certain albums I buy simply because of the artist. The most recent one I did that with was Alison Kraus and Robert Plant with their new duo CD. Alison, Martina, Harry Connick Jr, Bon Jovi...they are all instant purchases.


4. What is the LAST CD you bought / downloaded, and why?
Eyes Open by Snow Patrol. I won an iTunes gift card as part of a playoff packer's football party and wanted to add something new to my list. I listened to three or four songs on the album and I really liked it so I bought the whole thing.


5. What CD do you own that you think would make your friends shake their heads in either pity, or a total lack of comprehension?
I have a collection of Barry Manilow CD's. Start shakin' that head!


6. From Cooper's place I am adding....5 songs to chase away the winter blues.
Summer Time by Kenny Chesney
Six Pack Summer by Phil Vassar
Margaritaville by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet
So I can only come up with three...maybe it's because I'm so damn cold right now!

7. Final bonus question: What are you listening to right now?
CMT music videos. Last one was I wanna feel something by Trace Atkins.

No comments: