Monday, February 18, 2008

A memory redone...

I always stop on campus at Carroll College when I head home to Montana. If it wasn't for Carroll I wouldn't have all the friends I got to visit there.

This is a grotto on campus dedicated to Mary, The Mother of Jesus. I have shared my faith and my companionship with Mary with you all before. Just recently, this space got redone. It had started to be a bit neglected but it remained a special place. Unfortunately, a Carroll College student was killed in a car accident on his return from fighting summer wild fires to begin the year at Carroll. In his memory, his family donated two new benches and Mary got a bath. A dedication of the space was held earlier this week.

Os and I made a stop after a night of beers and friendship at The Brewhouse across the street. It was snowing gently and campus was quiet. Brought back memories of stopping here on my way back from the boys' dorm when I was a student. I'm Catholic, we do "guilt" well, but having Mary to stop and visit with on the sneaky walk back to the girls' made me feel "better". We stood for a while and I snapped a few shots. Isn't it pretty?


No comments: