Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunny Sundays

Everyone seems quite concerned about my state of mind. I haven't had time to update anything since Tuesday so now that my house is mostly clean and I have my feet up I figured I could fill everyone in. First, THANK YOU to all the concerned!

The week definitely took a turn for the better. The weather turned seriously cold and icky but the happenings of the week improved. Today the sun is finally out and the temperature is above 40 degrees. I have had a busy but very fun weekend.

Let's start with the easy stuff. The weekend was great. Friday night a couple of friends and I met up for drinks and dinner. I had to stay up late to pick up another friend at the local airport. I got home to find out his flight was going to be very late so I roadtripped to Minneapolis to pick him up. We beat his original flight home by 45 minutes in spite of the 180 mile round trip drive time. Saturday I was able to seriously lounge at home. I also managed a Sam's Club trip before the same group of friends and I went to the Newsboys concert (yup, THOSE Newsboys...from my high school years). Still fabulous!

Today, I am tackling this building I call home. I have been on various house sitting jobs and trips over the last six weeks but some how in my absence the house become disgusting. Laundry, floors, dishes...you name it. I almost have them all in control now. A little break now to ensure my blogger friends that all is well...

Big news here on my front...As you know, I'm been feeling a bit unsettled lately. The sun is starting to shine in more ways than one. Everyone thinks I need to head up and help Rachel unpack...what you don't know is that I'm flying to see Rachel in a few weeks for my OWN job interview in Kalispell. I also have completed a very good portion of a very long civilian application for a military PA job in Alaska. Things are moving very fast and yet not fast enough all at the same time. For the first time in a long time I have choices which I can influence. I'm looking forward to it and am ready to see what's there for me, but I'm doing so with caution.

So, rest assured, Moosekahl is fine. She's a bit edgy with lots on her mind but things are going in a positive direction overall. A bit of the gray cloud's silver lining is showing.

No comments: