Monday, September 01, 2008

New friends in Chicago


Great Belgian bars like The Hopleaf make for a great gathering ground for new friends. An old friend took me here several years ago and now it was my turn to take a new friend to the same spot for the amazing beer and frites that come with garlic mayo! Seriously, yummy!





















Os sort of "introduced" Dana and I. She is one of the few bloggers that has read all of Os' posts and knows Os and I have been friends for literally over a decade before the whole blogger "connection". I was impressed by that. So when Os suggested we should meet up in Chicago I was excited. This gal was interested enough as well to brave Friday evening traffic INTO downtown Chicago. She said she was game for about anything so after devouring the above beer and some great desserts along with dinner, we went to Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind by the Neo-Futurists Theater around the corner from the Hopleaf. A good time was had by all and I have a new friend who I have met in person. Thanks for a great time out Dana!

No comments: