Saturday, October 25, 2008

A fond "see ya around"

The one thing you get use to at teaching hospital is people coming and going. Every three months the residents on your service rotate. In my case, about every 2 years I had a new supervising doc with all the changes the Trauma service went through. Now I'm with the Army (as a civilian for the record) and it's all about change again. This time it was the only other civilian in our department...our amazing secretary Tawnya. This winter she and her Air Force husband will be PCS'ing (permanent change of station) to a yet to be announced location. So to help get ready for the move she is leaving us at the hospital to work on downsizing the house, getting ready for the move, etc.

So yesterday we threw ourselves a potluck to say good bye. Participating in a pot luck when you only have a kitchenette to cook in can be interesting but I borrowed my boss' crockpot, browned the sausage at home and then mixed the cream cheese and tomatoes up at work. A little sausage dip complete!

Here are a few shots of the crew and the wonderful Miss Tawnya. We'll miss her but at least we get to hang out with her for a few more months before she leaves. She's even offered to keep me sane while the mover's move my stuff in to my rental house next week!







I forget to mention she is a fellow Montana girl so that right there just makes her super cool!

No comments: