Sunday, October 26, 2008

Go Nanooks!

Every year in October I buy myself a birthday sweater. I have done it since the last couple years of high school. I still have most of them and can tell you which birthday I got most of them on. I finally got paid this past week so I was able to go out shopping. There is a store called the Wooly Rhino owned by a local woman which sells great outdoor wear. I stopped by yesterday to see what I could find before a large group of us went off to the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Nanooks' hockey game. I couldn't resist getting the hat that goes with it :)


General Admission tickets are on the second tier. Next time we are getting reserved seats!
























Nook and Lil' Nook helped direct "traffic" on the ice during the 1st and 2nd period break. Remote control car races on ice! Sweet!








They also have a shoot out for the little ones. Good times!









So how did I do with this year's sweater? It kept me pretty toasty warm at the game. I didn't need the hat the whole game but it came in handy coming home. The last couple nights have been getting a little chilly. In fact, tonight I plugged my car in. Don't want it to not start coming morning. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: