Thursday, October 16, 2008

HNT...A favorite fall treat.

These are the sweetest of sweet apples and are pure heaven! Add caramel to them and it's perfection. Would you believe this apple was "created" at the University of Minnesota?

The Honeycrisp apple was a new apple they created several years ago. I was able to get them right off the tree in the orchards back in Rochester. You can imagine how elated I was when I found them at Safeway on Sunday. I've had one a day since then....I won't need a doctor for a while but I'm sure my dentist would frown!

I missed out on pumpkin patches and fall hikes b/c fall was pretty much over and we have winter here in Fairbanks. You can buy pumpkins in the grocery store but it's not the same. Definitely no corn field mazes either. So I'll settle for caramel covered Honeycrisps to remind it's still fall.

Happy HNT!

No comments: