Sunday, November 30, 2008

From dishes to decorations...

Welcome to Christmas at my house! I wasn't sure I wanted to put up the decorations since it meant hauling them all out of the attic where I just put them away two weeks ago. Plus i will be on vacation for some time too so I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with it all. In spite of my bah humbug mood I got it up. I even braved the cold and hung lights up outside. Better today than tomorrow...it's suppose to be -25 as the "high" for the day. It was a balmy 6 above when I put the lights on the step tonight.



The tree is too tall to put on my tree topper! I could have put the tree in front of the back door but I think that's a little against "fire code" and common sense in case I do need to use that door for something! This is in front of the dining room window. I tucked the table underneath the bar and put the chairs around it there. I never use it anyway unless I have company so it will be good for a month.

I don't really do a "theme" every year but I do change up the colors on my tree. This year it's mostly greens and purples. I have multicolored and white lights as a base every year and YOU KNOW it wouldn't me MINE tree if my meese weren't all over it! Here's just a small sampling...I have to find this year's addition. Last year's was a moose sitting on a huckleberry!


























































A Trio of Moose!
(Yes, one of them sings)



I also wanted to show off all the tracks in my yard. I followed one set of moose tracks out so I could take the front step picture without crawling through the knee deep snow on my own. The two sets that go around the threes in the front are from Wednesday night. The mamma I saw must have had a baby with her later in the night when she wandered by. It was sort of pretty out tonight. It was above 0 in terms of temp, no wind, and it was snowing really lightly. The inversion is suppose to go away tomorrow and it will be brutal cold but that means there is a good chance of seeing the Northern Lights. I can't wait to catch pictures of those!


















No comments: