Friday, November 28, 2008

The inspiration...

This was the idea sparking cause of my grand Thanksgiving feast. The kitchen in the new house has double ovens! I was so excited. Good thing though...a turkey big enough to feed 22 people takes up the entire space of one oven!! The corn casserole, extra dressing, green bean casserole, and the yams were all done in the lower oven. The pies were done the night before while the yams were baking in the other one.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I had 21 people plus myself here for dinner. I had tables set up in the dining room, living room, and one in the loft. But we ended up all eating downstairs. A few of us set on the couch and the floor using the coffee table instead of going upstairs. It was loud and crazy but I had a great time. The little ones were the highlight of the day ranging in age from 4-16. They all called me "Miss Nicolle" and said please and thank you for everything. It was very cute! They begged long enough too that I brought out Reggie for them to pet.

Today I was my day to recover! Do you see all of this!!?!

22 people make lots of dirty dishes! That doesn't even include the serving dishes. I am on load number three in the dishwasher. I slept in, read quite a bit of the first Twilight book, and did dishes today. Tonight I have finally hooked up my DVD player and it works. I'm watching KungFu Panda. It's pretty darn cute. No shopping for me today! That's just craziness.
I'm thankful the day came and am thankful it was enjoyed. I feel like a bit of worry has been lifted. I have been so worried about getting the house ready so I could have Thanksgiving that now that it is over I feel like the rest will get done as it gets done. No longer a hurry or a rush to have things "just right".

I hope you all had special days and are enjoying a bit of relaxation this weekend. Now on to Christmas...think I need to make a stop at the Santa Claus House in North Pole to have a picture taken!

No comments: