Saturday, January 03, 2009

Pages turned in 2008

Several years ago a fellow book lover, Kelly had a goal of reading 52 books in a year. I thought it was a good goal so I tried it last year as well. In 2007 I was successful and I used my blog to keep track of them. I decided to keep up with the list. Here is a list of all the books I read in 2008.

I didn't reach 52 this year, only 42 but I had a lot more going on in terms of traveling and moving. That's the excuse I'm using anyway. I'll wipe the sidebar list and start again. I am well stocked with some old books and some new books so I have plenty to read.

  • Eldest by Christopher Paolini
  • Sundown, Yellow Moon by Larry Watson
  • Northwood Pulp by Thomas Sparrow
  • 1st To Die by James Patterson
  • Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why by Laurence Gonzales
  • 2nd Chance by James Patterson
  • 3rd Degree by James Patterson
  • PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
  • 4th of July by James Patterson
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hussein
  • Stone Kiss by Faye Kellerman
  • Pillars of the Earth by Ken Folliet
  • The 5th Horseman by James Patterson
  • The Last Season by Eric Blehm
  • The 6th Target by James Patterson
  • The Devil's Bones by Jefferson Bass
  • Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani
  • Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani
  • Running With Champions: A Midlife Journey on the Iditarod Trail by Lisa Frederic
  • Hunting Humans: The Rise of the Multiple Murder by Elliot Leyton
  • The Front by Patricia Cornwell
  • Two In the Far North by Margaret Murie
  • Home To Big Stone Gap by Andriana Trigiani
  • Gone for Good by Harlan Coben
  • 7th Heaven by James Patterson
  • Dancing at the Rascal Fair by Ivan Doig
  • T is for Trespassing by Sue Grafton
  • the ONLY KAYAK: A Journey into the Heart of Alaska by Kim Heacox
  • Cold Hands, Warm Hearts: Alaskan Adventures with an Iditarod Champion
  • White Fang by Jack London
  • Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • Rage by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Chill of Fear by Kay Hooper
  • Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bojahlian
  • Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs
  • Pandora's Daughter by Iris Johansen
  • In the Woods by Tara French
  • The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
  • Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
  • Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell
I can look at this list and recall what I was doing, where I was at in my life, how I was feeling etc. just by looking at the titles of the books. It's like a time line of my year. I finished Eldest while at a scrapbookin' retreat in the woods outside Minneapolis. I finished Scarpetta late one night this past week at Brent and Heidi's house back in Rochester. All the Alaska books were purchased when I was in Fairbanks in late May and convinced myself I was going to move up here. I read a whole new series by James Patterson months after the first one came out and only had to wait a few weeks for the 7th one to come out. I found several new authors I liked...Johansen, French, Donnelly. I read a lot of old favorites...Bass, Cornwell, Reichs. It was a good year of good books.

And just for fun I took the same quiz as Dana.




You Should Walk the Tightrope



Any subject you study, you aim to master. You enjoy being the best.

When you're good at something, you like to show off your skills.



You're the type of person who would practice years to walk the tightrope.

And you'd love the glory you'd get from walking it in front of a crowd.


No comments: