Sunday, January 11, 2009

Warming trend

This weekend's temperatures at my house stayed above -30, even at night. The news report says we may have temps in the 10 to 15 degree ABOVE zero range this week. Yeah!

The first week back to work after two weeks of vacation made me tired. I was in bed several nights this past week before 10 pm. That's not even late enough to watch my prime time TV shows. Prime time in Alaska starts at 8 pm and ends at 11. Nightly news begins at 11, Jay Leno at 11:30. Evening TV is all "late". Same is true for morning TV. The Today Show doesn't start until 9. It is over at noon. Haven't gotten use to the shift. I am even more reliant on my DVR to make sure I get to see all my 10 o'clock favorites.

The nice thing about the delays and the early nights is the weekend to catch up on all the shows I watch. Watching my weeknight shows saves me from the garbage on TV on the weekends. With the exception of football...I make sure I get my fair share of that in too but that involves me recording the morning games. They start at 8 am on Sunday. Too early for this northern on a weekend.

Now it's Sunday night and I have had my fill of both recorded TV and garbage (I somehow got sucked into 4 hours of The Real Housewives of Atlanta yesterday morning) plus I watched most of the football games this weekend. I now have the Christmas tree down and all the glitter and branch needles vacuumed up. I managed a bit of an ab workout as well. I'm kicking myself for letting my physical activity lag with the chaos of the move. I feel like I have a significant amount of ground to make up. Guess I know what New Year's resolutions are for!

I hope you are all enjoying the new year. I hope to be back in a routine soon and posting on a more regular basis. Wish me luck!

No comments: