Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Snuggling in...

The temps have returned to "normal". Tonight's low is to dip near the negative 40 point again. Today was a perfect day for it to start. I had a hectic end to last week's work week. I also got some sort of stomach bug this weekend. The combination took a bit of a toll on me. I was feeling the need to retreat a bit.

Today, I got the chance. I was able to finish up at work quite early today and come home. I made myself lunch, I watched a little day time TV, and I curled up in bed to read a book. Of course, reading curled up in flannel sheets on a cold, lazy afternoon only can lead to one thing...a great nap! I haven't gotten to take a nap in a long time.

Tonight I stopped at the boss' house to pick up my chairs and tables as well as the left over chili. I have the chili all bagged up into various portions to freeze and distribute to a few people at work. The chairs need to be hauled in but they can wait. I have laundry going, I have the chili put away, and I am happy to just have the time at home tonight. I'll snuggle back into the bed in a bit to read for a while and I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow as well! Yeah! I needed the break!

No comments: