Thursday, March 05, 2009

HNT...More?


There has been a lot to contemplate this week. Today would have been a good day to stay home with a bottomless cup of hot cocoa and a good book while watching the snow fall. I have close to 8 inches at my house, by morning it is expected to reach 12 or more. To say the least my drive home in my Ford Fusion rental instead of my big high above the ground Mariner was scary. I broke out in a cold sweat. I cursed at the idiot in front of me without his lights on. I screamed at the truck that went flying by me in the snow filled passing lane who multiplied the effect of the white out with his spray. Seriously people!



The little Ford Fusion is all wheel drive. It also has traction control. All good things in storms like this. However, it has one major downfall. The car sits very low to the ground. Much lower than my Logan. I have had a "mystery plower" plowing my driveway several times this winter but they hadn't come today. So this is the path I hand shoveled. Good ole elbow grease shoveled. Thank God the snow is not "heavy" snow. It's a long driveway. At least it blew off some of the steam that has been simmering all week.


The jury is still out on totaling versus repairing Logan. The insurance fiasco has been completely fixed in terms of my coverage. The guy at the body shop is amazing. He has his estimate nearly complete. At 4:15 pm Pacific Time the insurance was working on the regional sale value of my vehicle. Tomorrow I should hear "something". For now, I'll watch the snow fall and pray my way back to work in my little rental tomorrow morning.

Happy HNT!

No comments: