Friday, May 29, 2009

And the earth moved under my feet...

And thankfully the walls did not come tumbling down. The cats and I were sitting on the couch this evening watching a dvd of season 2 of Lost. The cats went flying and momentarily the entire house began to shake while I was chatting with a friend back in MN. The kitchen appliances on top of the cupboards were rattling, the pint glasses were chinking, and the pictures moving a bit all for about 15 seconds. There was a brief pause long enough for me to tell my friend we had an earthquake and it started again for another 15 to 30 seconds. It was strong enough to make me get a little nervous and goose bumped! Officially it was a 3.72 on the Richter scale and was about 15 miles from my house, 6 miles under ground. Insane!

No comments: