Thursday, July 02, 2009

HNT...a girl's best friend

8 years ago this month I said I do. Six years ago last month it all came on done. I have been through a lot since then. I have grown and matured. I have reflected and don't cry about it anymore. But I hadn't gotten rid of the ring. It laid in my jewelry box for the last 6 years through 3 or 4 moves. This past Valentine's Day (the anniversary of when he first cheated on me) I finally pulled it out of the drawer and took it to several jewelers. At the time, the offers weren't what I wanted. As much as I wanted to let go, I wanted it to be done fairly.

A couple weeks ago a friend and I were shopping for Alaska jewels and went to a different store. I happen to have the ring in my purse still so I turned it in to them to see what they could do for me. When I got back from Chicago, I stopped back in to see. They were the first jewelers who agreed to pay me for both the gold and the diamonds. I could take a cash value OR have TWICE cash value in store credit.

This is what I decided on....

My first set of diamonds that I purchased for myself. I picked them up about 10 days ago and I haven't taken them off since. They sparkle and swing and catch the light. Aren't they beautiful?

Happy HNT!

No comments: