Saturday, October 03, 2009

September in AK

I am not sure where to start with the month of September but fall came and went during the first three weeks of the month so I thought I would share a drive home on a beautiful fall day. The first snow fall of the year this year was on September 22. September 21st was the one year anniversary of my arrival to the Great North and the 29th was the one year anniversary at the hospital working for the United States Army. Where does time go, uh?


Ok...I knew mushroom harvesting as a past time up here but who knows which ones are good and which ones aren't. Never expected them to sprout up right in my driveway. Just exploded more like it; displacing rocks and leaves and all. Crazy but made for cool pictures!





























My drive home is beautiful on pretty much any day. The drive to work is nice to and on a clear day I can see Mount McKinley clear as day even though it's 200 miles away.








































































Backside of Birch Hill. On a clear day Mount McKinley is at the very right edge of the hill towering through the clouds and above all else.

The colors were gorgeous but it's weird when the first hint shows up the second week of August and is in full color like this by the second week of August.












Dr. Sexton, Dr. Meyer, and I took advantage of a glorious day and tried our hand at 9 holes on post. We didn't lose any balls into the Chena River but did into the trees!











No comments: