Friday, January 21, 2005

Record Patient

Well, I survived the week and am just now finding time to make a second entry into my new experiment at communication. Today was an interesting day. Started way too early, but that is usually the case Monday through Friday. My clinic list was a typical day with about 12 patients on. We had the usual post-op checks for sutures out since most of our ice storm fracture patients are now two weeks out from their surgery. Among those was a particular woman that now tops my "oldest patient" list. She is 104 years old! And she still is coherent. Other than needing to speak quite loudly and reminding her of our names, she is darn chipper for 104. She was a bit upset about her appointment though due to the fact she was going to miss her Friday card playing date...the bridge ladies might not keep playing if she isn't there. Way too cute!

The other news of the day is the continue snowfall, which rolled in at noon. From the pile on the deck table it looks like about 8 or 9 inches in the last 9 hours. Suppose to keep snowing until tomorrow afternoon. It is absolutely gorgeous outside though...big fat wet flakes. I love snow like this...I'll get to shovel tomorrow but that is okay. Maybe if I have time I"ll hit the cross country ski trails. Could use the exercise out of the gym.

So today I was running the thought of hooking up with a personal trainer at the gym. Just not liking my current "shape". Size is okay, just soft. Don't think I can get past it unless I have someone pushing me. I want to get back into my weight training program that I had in college with Laurie Fahlberg. That was the best shape I was in. I'm going to head to the gym tomorrow and hopefully the gal I want to work with me is there and we can come up with a "plan".



No comments: